CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 18, 2008

on a lighter note - powder puff post game

I feel like my post is so unimportant and superficial compared to the blog I read late last night (aaron ivey's, my 4 year old in God's army? one - it is very honest & thought provoking, you should check it out..) but neways. so, last night was friendswood hs powder puff game. Dawn proudly wore blue and yellow, representing the junior girls with great excitement. we took tanner and presley to watch and cheer on sissa....the hardings and kelli holloman and her kids also came out to support Dawn. It was a great turnout, and for sure reminded me of being in school and all the fun times. But one thing that was a huge part of my high school experience was playing competitive sports....I played basketball and volleyball for school and AAU basketball on the side. I used to play basketball...that was my "thing". I was pretty mean and aggressive (although, as a freshman, I wore ribbons in my hair???) I guess I would catch people off guard that way when I would wrestle them to the floor for the ball. Needless to say, it has been sooooo long. when I watch basketball on tv or go see my brothers play - there is something there that seems SO familiar, yet it feels like it was in a different lifetime. 


Well, last night at the game was the perfect example....the junior girls (naturally being the underdogs, bc they are "younger, weaker, not graduating" - whatever) were the first to score. I cheered - a little bit of yelling and clapping - and then the cheesy announcer, said "Touchdown, friendswood juniors!" and without meaning to, I got chills all over! seriously?!? at a touchdown at a highschool powder puff game!?!? crazy! it just made me remember how much I loved that season of my life - all the adrenaline and excitement and competition. it also made me get a little nervous about my kids playing competitive sports...I surely don't want to be that mom. I guess, I will deal with it when it comes. but last night was really fun!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

what a great surprise - a sapaugh blog!

jenn, i remember those ribbons and some pretty hott tall socks.

miss ya'll.

j schmale

Glenna said...

i really need you to get your ribbons out, we need some good basketball play on the cul-de-sac. and i thought dawn looked awesome, i was so proud to watch her and be her aunt in the stands, cheering and somewhat freezing. she looked so cute in her bandana and vans. but, i was totally about to get onto the coaches if they weren't gonna put her in, no one messes with my family.

Glenna said...

oh and we might totally be those moms.

jenn said...

ha! the socks! man....we sure loved those socks! :)

Andrew Minchew said...

i was on the academic team in junior high, talk about adrenaline!
when i put on those blue slacks, white oxford shirt, and neck tie... it was GO TIME!