CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 27, 2008

no one told me

INTRO:

i was last minute (and through the grapevine, nonetheless) asked to be in a mother's day video for church... to be shown on mother's day in the main services. no big deal, right? although inconvenient and not at all on a good day for me, I am normally happy to help out when asked. so, i send the message back through the grapevine that I would be there for the shoot. I mean, how hard could this be - a mother's day video? the rumor I heard was that they really needed me with only Presley, so they could get a little baby shot. easy enough. I can rock her, play with her, kiss her - for a video honoring mothers. done.

THE DAY OF THE SHOOT 
PART I:
i was running out the door to go get fitted for a bridesmaid dress for a wedding that I am in on May 10th. i am supposed to go over to the Ryan's house in League City for the video shoot after I am done with the dress fitting. I am prepared to do that and then as I am loading the car - I talk to one of the media team guys (for the first time, not from someone else) and he informs me that I need to look "like a mom" and i need to bring a change of clothes....??? I run back into the house and change into a tshirt, and then I grab another top and get back into the car to be on my way. But what does "a mom" look like anyway? I always want to be attractive and fresh and maybe even still (sexy) if I can dare to try - but lets face the reality here - I have these very butch sweat pants that my mom got me (in 3 different colors, might I add) and my hair was in a bun for so long without being combed the other day, that I had to get in the shower with some heavy duty conditioner and a steel brush to get out the giant knot that had formed up under my bun (it was either that, or strategically cut out the chunk of hair and just deal with the massive bald spot) So, I can do "mom" very well. Not consistent to reality though, I already had put on a bit of makeup for this video debut of mine....but whatever!

THE DAY OF THE SHOOT
PART 2:
I arrive at the Ryan's house before the crew is back from lunch. I wait, hoping that they will get back soon so, I can hurry and get done - so I can get the girls home for naps, and so I can finish cleaning up the house for our dinner guests that night. the crew arrives and says they are ready for me - and that I can leave the kids in the living room, with the lady who lived there.  now in my head, I am kinda confused, but not nearly as confused as I was after I walked into the Master Bedroom at "the ryan's" house.....

SHOT #1 AND GOING STRONG:
lights, camera, -- bed!????
I was told to lie down, pretend to be asleep - then wake to the sound of a baby crying, sigh, look at the ceiling, then with disdain for my overtired, overworked state - glance to the clock.... only to find that it is 4:21 am.....

WHAT?!?!?!?! this is not at all rocking my precious little baby! (but for sure blackmail)
 So from here - I have to do more of these kinds of shots, including: falling onto the bed exhausted and staring at the ceiling, then out the window, another deep sigh....then I am told I need to walk up to the mirror in the bathroom, lean up on the sink, and look at myself in the mirror....looking depressed about how tired and old I look??? and even tugging a bit at my wrinkled face?????
SERIOUSLY??? then i have to clean the living room for 6-8 minutes of consecutive footage, then rock Presley (ah-ha! there it is, 2 hours later!) then lay her down, then leaving the nursery, then peeking in the nursery, then loading her in the car seat, then leaving the house with her and Tanner and another little boy, then looking back in the house before closing the door, locking it and walking away.....

ANYONE? ANYONE?:
I mean, I want to be a blessing and help when I am needed - but I am pretty sure that there was someone else (really, anyone else) who would have loved to have this mother's day video debut! I can honestly say - I thought I had better friends around the church. I mean, someone had to know what shots they were wanting of me....and no one even gave me a heads up ( I having a feeling that all my "friends" are all together somewhere laughing, even now!) instead there will be up close face shots of me trying to act tired and worn out, glancing here and there as directed... in total SHOCK! of what was going on! So, if you need a good laugh - come to church on Mother's Day! and if anyone needs me, i will be down at the local bar drinking away the embarrassment of the morning ;) 


3 comments:

Andrew Minchew said...

at least it made for a good post ;)

Amanda said...

that is crazy. we may have to come to Sagemont for Moms day!!

Whitney said...

you would be at the bar drinking...what sort of example are you setting for Dawn and Mandy...WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MY SISTER?!

jk, aparently, you are just as cool now as you were when i was in high school :) love you, jenn!