CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Love You Forever

So, tonight I was reading to Tanner before bed and she picked "a girl and her gator" and "love you forever" (the one with the boy playing with toilet paper on the bathroom floor....."I'll lover you forever, I'll like you for always, As long as I'm living my baby you'll be."???) So, if you know this book - it is sweet slash creepy. Basically, the mom rocks her son and sings the lines I quoted already; it goes through him growing up and at every age, her sneaking in her room and rocking him...even as a teenager (kinda weird) and then even as a grown man...she drives in her car to his house where he lives alone, then she sneaks into his window, and picks him up, rocks him, and sings the song... really weird!!! then in ends with him rocking her when she is old and sick and then him rocking his little baby.....kinda weird, but seeing that I am emotionally unstable these days, it can still get me a little teary. just the basic idea. 


Well, tomight - it was not moving me at all (I was a little hung up on the mom breaking and entering..) but it was moving Tanner. After I was done with it, she looked up at me with a sad/worried face and told me that it was a sad book. She went on to express that she didn't want to grow up. I hugged her and told her that she would always be my baby, but then she looked up at me and had a tear rolling down her cheek - so, of course I pull her close and try to comfort her as my tears begin to flow as we somehow share this mutual moment of sadness - knowing that although, she will always be my baby, she will not always be little.....such a big, bittersweet reality. I know that it is inevitable that she grow up, but it is crazy to me how she can sense this fact of the never slowing clock of life....and that it is so real to her and so emotional. She went on to tell me (through tears) that when she and sissa and presley are all grown up, that there will be no more babies! I tried my best to tell her things that would calm her as she expressed her concern for the future, but we ended up having to just change the subject all together to break the heavy mood.
I love my kids - my family! God has blessed me with so much more than I deserve. I am so grateful to share my days with Kyle, Dawn, Tanner, and Presley!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been telling Jeanie for years that "love you forever" book is creepy, weird, and the reason boys turn out gay.

Unknown said...

LOL.. the reason boys turn out gay???
my poor son stands no chance.. he loves me to rock him even at five!!!