CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 12, 2008

can't believe it

I don't know if it is just me, but every now and then I stop and think how I just cant believe that this is my life! this afternoon we went swimming at Kyle's parent's house with the 2 little girls (Dawn is out of town with a friend's family) and as we were waiting for the hot tub to heat up a bit (his parent's pool is beautiful....set on the side of the slight slope of one of the only "not flat" lots in friendswood, that leads down to a huge creek; the landscape is full and green, there is a stone wall, a waterfall - it is like a tropical resort pool, minus one thing - HUGE TREES! shading the entire pool. certainly makes it pretty, but FREEZING! So, we pretty much play in the hot tub until late August, when the pool water finally warms up enough to not give us hypothermia) neways...back to my original thought.....

as we were waiting for the hot tub to heat up a bit more (only Tanner, who has no concept of temperature, is in the water) me and Kyle and Presley are sitting around the edge; and i just was overwhelmed in the great moment (the beautiful scenery, the sun out - just not on us, and the family there - Dawn on her way home....no work, no middle of the night feeding, no money debacles, no kids who need naps......everyone was happy to be there and to be together and to be swimming. And I just asked Kyle if he could believe that this was our life:  25 years old, married for 6 years, 3 awesome girl additions, a suburban (that still feels so funny) this is our life. I always day dreamed of what me and Kyle's life together would look like - even when I was a sophomore and junior in highschool. and now, here I am - living it. so cool. i feel so lucky! 

1 comments:

Glenna said...

i know, aric and i love being apart of the sapaugh fantasy camp.