CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 7, 2008

laughing together

so, I am late in getting a 2nd post up, and I hate to say it, but I told you so! this is no surprise to me as my last couple weeks have been crazy, but I am gonna try and not give up the blog life just yet. neways....I love that Tanner is old enough for us to laugh together. It is so fun to not just laugh at her (although there is still plenty of that) like her crazy obsession with animals (mainly dogs) and always pretending to be one, and refusing to communicate with me any other way than barking - then I laugh at her (it is kinda cute, but mostly weird.....she could possibly be THAT kid in school that truly thinks she is an animal) but yesterday, I was trying to take advantage of a moment when Dawn, Kyle, & Presley were napping after church - and although I had tons to do at the house, I decided to get on the floor and wrestle a bit with Tanner. She was finishing her ice cream sandwich and had just a bit left, when I told her to come give me a love. She responded by saying, "but I have this" and she lifted the remains of the ice cream sandwich. I told her that I didn't care and I really needed some love. So she came and climbed on top of me and I wrestled her a bit and kissed her (for the record, that is what we do for fun and affection around our house...wrestle! Preston & Laura kno (it is also a James thing) and the Hardings as well, although they are many times forced to participate in some wrestling and nuzzling against their will) but back to Tanner - she is laying there on me and we are having "a moment" and then she just throws out "I kinda want to rub this on your face" (refering to the last bit of ice cream sandwich) It was so random and honest and FUNNY! I could not stop laughing...and once I started, then she started (and she also started trying to put the ice cream on my face....) so, we lay there - me fighting her off and both of us laughing, together! it is was alot of fun.

3 comments:

Andrew Minchew said...

thats awesome.
me and susan wrestled over a ice cream sandwich the other night. it was the last one. we both grabbed it out of the freezer at the same time and it smushed between our hands. fun, strange times.

JohnsonFamily said...

From Meagan:
Yeah, I am glad that you have a blog. I love to read about what is going on with you guys!!! Love and miss you!~MJ

jenn said...

yes, fun and strange - a delightful combo! (ps- do you have a blog meg? I would love to know....)